Monday 19 September 2016

Day 16 and 17 - 29 Faces Challenge

What a very long weekend of painting with a roller.  Thank goodness the decorating is over.  So here's a few portraits for day 16 and 17.  I've tried a mixed media for a change.  Watercolour background, acrylic face, a paper flower cut out and stuck down from a garden magazine and charcoal for the hair and some of the detail.  A darker skin tone than I've ever tried before but it's pretty good for a first attempt.  I recently watched a film from 1979 called The Warriors and I took an image of the main female role as reference and inspiration.  Looks nothing like her.

 
For my second photo of the day.  There's some success and some points I would like to work on if I had had the time.   Black and white acrylic on A5 mixed media paper.  Again, a first.  First time portrait in black and white acrylic.


Original photo  https://pmp-art.com/neil-a-kingsbury/gallery/34739/the-bar

Two more to do tomorrow.  I might be caught up by Wednesday.  I already have the portraits in mind to do from Paint my Photo.  Another monotone in acrylic and a charcoal with an acrylic background.  That's the plan anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment