Saturday 10 September 2016

Day 10 - 29 Faces Challenge

First in a set of charcoal portraits for the #29faces challenge. I thought I would try my hand at a famous icon of the past.

I've put my watercolours away so I can get the feel for my charcoal pencils which I got half price from WH Smith.


I used a folded, soft pocket paper handkerchief to blend. Because I don't have a kneadable eraser, I used white acrylic to highlight the eyes and make the teeth whiter. I can already see the advantage of chalk sticks over pencils... the sticks would cover larger areas which would have been handy for the background. The white isn't as white as I would like. Ah well. A different project and it might work well for me.

Once this darn rain has stopped, I will be spraying with fixative outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment