Tuesday 13 September 2016

Day 13 - 29 Faces Challenge 'The Joker'

What an interesting character!  Original photo taken by Neil-A-Kingsbury

#29faces - Again, in charcoal pencil but I thought this time, I would experiment and see how it would turn out on the WH Smith watercolour pad.  I feel the texture is quite rough for charcoal but it depends what effect you're looking for.  I would have preferred a smoother texture. Size 12"x9" (about A4).

I tried to highlight with white acrylic paint again but it really wasn't doing what I wanted.  Probably need to fix the charcoal first before doing the highlights this way.  Wish I had a white compressed charcoal stick!  I've ordered a squeezable putty eraser so hope that will make a difference.

I'm quite tempted to do a mixed media piece tomorrow.  I saw a youtube video where you outline the features, fix with spray then use a wash to bring colour to the face and then paint flowers in her hair.  Sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment